If you encounter any issues with your InMotion Hosting account, whether related to billing or website, rest assured that our team is here to assist you. We have dedicated teams for specific concerns, so contacting the appropriate department ensures that your inquiries are handled by the right experts.
To streamline the process, we suggest preparing basic information before reaching out to us and familiarizing yourself with the available methods of communication.
This guide outlines the reasons for contacting our Customer Service or Technical Support teams, the necessary information you should have on hand, and the different channels through which you can reach us.
Our Technical Support team is on standby 24/7, while our Customer Service department is accessible via phone or chat from 9 AM to 9 PM ET, Monday through Friday.
Should I Contact Customer Service or Tech Support?
To ensure that your inquiry is addressed by the most appropriate team, we suggest reaching out to Customer Service if your concern does not involve technical aspects. However, if you are experiencing website or email issues, for instance, our Technical Support team is better suited to provide assistance.
Below are some further details to guide you on which team to contact based on the nature of your problem.
|Customer Service||Technical Support|
|Billing, Payments, and Cancellations||Email, Website, and Server Errors|
|Account Management Panel (AMP) Issues||cPanel/WHM Account Management|
|Domain Registration and Privacy||DNS and Name Server Management|
|Domain Transfers||Website Transfers|
|Hosting Plan Upgrade/Downgrade||WordPress and BoldGrid Support|
|Cancel Your Hosting Account||Software Installation Request|
Before Contacting Us – Gathering the Right Information
To ensure that we provide you with the best possible support, it’s helpful to have all the necessary information before you contact us.
Here are some of the details we may need from you:
- Your cPanel username or the primary domain associated with your account
- Account verification information, such as the Hashcode Verification in your AMP, passphrase you set up in AMP, or the last four digits of the credit card currently on file
- Your domain name
- A description of the issue you’re experiencing
- Any relevant history or background information related to the problem
- Any error messages you’ve encountered
- Steps we can take to replicate the issue
- The software and version you’re using
- Whether you’re using a base installation or if plugins/modules have been added
- Any recent changes made prior to the issue occurring
- If the software supports it, whether caching is enabled
By gathering this specific information, we can gain better insight into the issue and provide you with the appropriate resolution more efficiently.
How to Get Support
There are numerous ways you can contact our Support Department for help with your account. We will now go over the available methods for getting support.
Ask a Question in Our Public Forums
If you are unable to find a solution to your issue using our extensive knowledge base, education channels, or user-submitted inquiries, you can submit your question to our Community Support Center. However, please note that this is a public forum, so avoid posting private information like account details, passwords, or credit card numbers to protect your account.
To post your question, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.hostifire.net/
- Click the “New Post” button.
- Fill in the “Header” field with a question that summarizes your issue in at least 4 words, such as “How do I cancel domain registration?”
- In the “Description” field, provide more details about your question in at least 10 words, such as “I want to cancel my domain registration to prevent automatic renewal. How can I do that?”
- Select the appropriate category from the drop-down menu.
- Confirm that you’re not a robot by checking the box.
- Click the blue “Submit” button.
Once you’ve submitted your question, our InMotion Hosting Community Support Team will respond within 60 minutes during business hours (8am – 9pm EST, Monday – Friday). Review the search results for an existing resolution before submitting your question to the Support Center.
Submit a Ticket
The Account Management Panel (AMP) offers a “Support” page that provides a quick place to obtain assistance or write a verified support ticket to either the Billing or Technical Support departments.
- Login to AMP.
- Click the Get Help button on the top right of the page. Then scroll down to the section titled “Submit a Verified Ticket to Billing or Technical Support“
- Under Department, click the drop-down menu and choose Technical Support.
- In the next drop-down menu, select the type of help you need.
- Enter a Subject.
- Then enter details about your support request. If you need to upload files you can click the Attach Files button.
- Click the Submit button.
Live Chat Support
You can initiate a chat session by clicking on the Support Chat link in the top right corner of the InMotion Hosting Billing Support page. Follow the steps below to complete the Chat Launch form.
- Once logged into your AMP, click the Chat button on the top right of the page. A pop-up will appear.
- Select the Support & Billing option.
- Select the type of support you need from the listed options then enter some information about your issue.
- Click the Start Chat button. Since the live chat is initiated from within your authenticated AMP session, your account is automatically verified.