In this guide, we will demonstrate the steps to apply your Jetpack license through the Account Management Panel (AMP). To ensure a successful license application, please follow the instructions provided below that correspond to your specific WordPress hosting solution from InMotion Hosting.
How to Select and Enable a Jetpack license in the Account Management Panel (AMP)
- Login to your Account Management Panel (AMP)
- Navigate to the section that displays the various hosting solutions available for your account. Note that depending on your account, there may be multiple options to choose from. Keep in mind that Jetpack licensing is exclusively available for WordPress Hosting subscriptions. Locate the icon labeled “Jetpack licensing” and click on it.
- Once you have set up a WordPress site, you should be able to view the option to activate the Jetpack licensing that corresponds to your account for every WordPress installation. In the example image below, there are three different installations displayed. To activate the Jetpack option for your specific WordPress installation, click on the blue button. Please note that it may take a few minutes for Jetpack to become fully enabled on your account.
- You will then see a WordPress.com page that shows Jetpack in partnership with InMotion. It will ask you to create an account with WordPress.com if you don’t have one. If you have an account already then you can click on the link to sign in at the bottom of the page.
- After your account is created or you have successfully logged in, then you will see a page that asks you to approve the Jetpack connection to your InMotion Hosting account. Click on the Approve button to continue.
Once it is enabled the blue button will be gone and you will see a confirmation message that says Jetpack (license type) Enabled.
The images displayed in this tutorial demonstrate the Jetpack Personal license enabled on the account, but the license type may differ depending on your account type. In the next section, we provide information on common issues that may arise when installing the Jetpack license with your InMotion WordPress Hosting account. Keep in mind that the Jetpack license is exclusive to WordPress Hosting accounts. If you require further assistance, our live technical support team is available 24/7 via phone, chat, or email.
What if I cannot see my WordPress sites listed?
If you have WordPress sites on your hosting account but they are not listed in AMP when you click on the Jetpack licensing tool, you may need to import those WordPress sites using Softaculous in your cPanel interface. To learn how to do this, please refer to the guide on “How to Import a WordPress Site into Softaculous.”
Is it necessary to install Jetpack on my WordPress site before enabling it in AMP?
The tool created in the Account Management Panel (AMP) will automatically check your installation to see if Jetpack is already installed. If it is not, the tool will install and activate it before applying the licensing.
What if I want to purchase another license for Jetpack?
At present, InMotion Hosting only bundles one license per hosting plan. If you wish to purchase an additional license, you can do so directly with Jetpack via the interface in the WordPress Administrator dashboard.
What if I already have an existing Jetpack license that I am paying for?
If you have already purchased a license and wish to transfer it, there is no need to worry. The licensing tool should normally perform the transfer automatically. However, please note that you cannot transfer a lower-level license to a higher-level one (for instance, a Personal license to a Professional license). If you encounter any issues with the license transfer or payment, you will need to contact Automattic directly for assistance, as we do not have access to such information since it was a transaction between you and Automattic.