To determine the amount of disk space used in your hosting account, the recommended tool to use is the Disk Usage tool found in cPanel. To learn about the cPanel Disk Usage tool and how to use it, follow the tutorial below.
Using the cPanel Disk Usage Tool
Upon logging in to your cPanel account, you will notice a column to the right displaying statistics of your cPanel account alongside a list of available applications. To locate the cPanel Disk Usage tool, you will need to search through this column.
To utilize the cPanel Disk Usage tool, follow these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Locate the “Disk Usage” option in the right-hand column and click on it.
- You will then be directed to the main Disk Usage screen, where you can view a graphical representation of your disk usage on the right-hand column. The disk usage is depicted by blue bars, with longer bars indicating higher usage.
- Scroll down to view a breakdown of the usage by directories, which can be sorted by name or disk usage.
- By using the cPanel Disk Usage tool, you can easily comprehend your disk usage on your hosting account and plan for backups or account usage accordingly.
For more information about cPanel, you can refer to our cPanel Education Center.