A package is a set of predefined values for a cPanel account. For instance, you can have a “power” package with 5 addon domains or a “pro” package with 16 addon domains. When creating new cPanel accounts, you can assign specific packages to each account.
Using packages not only accelerates the cPanel account creation process but also simplifies updating multiple accounts simultaneously. If you have 20 accounts on a specific package, modifying a setting for the package itself will apply the change to all accounts linked to that package.
This article focuses on WHM, a feature accessible solely to VPS Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and Reseller Hosting subscribers. Shared Hosting users do not have access to WHM. To learn more about Shared cPanel Hosting, please refer to our website.
To create a package:
- Login to your WHM account.
- Click on “Add a Package” under the “Packages” heading in the left-hand menu.
- On the following page, fill out the necessary details, including the package name, resources, settings, dedicated IP, select options, cPanel theme, feature list, and locale.
- Ensure that you stay within the limitations of your specific plan when declaring “Resources.”
- If you have any available dedicated IP addresses on your server, select that option to include a dedicated IP address.
- Choose the cPanel theme to use, and decide whether or not this account should have ssh access, Frontpage Extensions installed by default, and CGI Access.
- Select which feature list to assign to the account, which specifies which cPanel features are available to the user, and are managed within the “Feature Manager” in WHM.
- Select which language to assign to the cPanel accounts.
- Click on the “Add” button at the bottom of the page to create the package.
Congratulations, now you know how to create a cPanel package within WHM! Once you have your package created, you can assign it to your cPanel accounts.